Sunday, December 21, 2008

The countdown has begun!

Actually, I've had a pregnancy countdown going for a long time, but it's just now starting to sink in: 35 weeks/almost 8 months pregnant. January 26th is just a little over a month/5 weeks/36 days away!!!

Rather, I should say January 26th-ish; due dates are just estimates, right? George is hoping for January 27th, because he and I were both born on the 27th. I think that'd be pretty cool, too, but wonder if baby boy will come early; don't know why, just a feeling. Mom wonders if I'll be late, because she was at least 2 weeks past her due date with both of my brothers.

Who knows? At any rate, time has slowed down to a crawl. Counting down to baby, counting down to Christmas break (1 1/2 days! YES!): time has never gone slower. Part of me is scared to death of labor and the thought that sometime next month we'll have a baby to care for (and the idea that we'll do something wrong and/or screw the kid up completely); the other part is completely tired of being pregnant and can't wait for pregnancy to be over. Oh, the good old days where I viewed pregnancy through rose-colored glasses! The days before carpal tunnel syndrome, getting winded walking up seven stairs, depression, feeling fat and ugly (all the time, anyway), and a multitude of other stuff that doesn't need to be detailed on the blog!

Everyone tells me that I'll forget what pregnancy, and later labor, was like, and I sure hope it's true! Right now I can't imagine doing this again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baby Welch is sooooo worth it!!!!!!!!!! Don't worry about the fat and ugly because you are neither, however I am gaining sympathy weight!!!!!

Angela said...

35 weeks already? Wow...time is crawling for you, but flying for me. I hope it picks up a little for you soon. Enjoy your break and Merry Christmas!

Laura McGuire said...

How exciting! I can't speak from experience, but everyone tells me it is so worth it :)

Hope you're doing well and Baby arrives safe and sound! A friend of mine was due at the end of Jan. like you and just had her daughter this week - so it could be any day! :)