Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunflowers

During Linc's second trip to St. Louis last weekend, we went out to my cousin Sarah's house for lunch. She, her husband Cory and daugher Remington live somewhat off the beaten path in a gorgeous country setting (as country as a few miles outside of St. Louis can be). On the way there, we passed a field of sunflowers. No, "field" doesn't describe it. I'm not sure what word is appropriate for the amazing sight:


Acre after acre after acre--this field o' sunflowers was at least a mile long. At least a mile! And no telling how deep it was. It was one of the most striking sights I've ever seen in my life, and these pictures are a very poor representation of it. No photos could reproduce the awe I felt!

1 comment:

Grace said...

Beautiful. To me, sunflowers represent love (they are Steve's favorite!) and friendship (primarily because of that movie Ya Ya Sisterhood!) In fact, when I used to think about getting a tattoo, I was going to get a sunflower on my ankle! Thanks for sharing!