Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Standing up!

Out of the blue, Lincoln has decided he likes to be on his feet!

He pulled up on the ottoman last night and I managed to get some super-fun photos:
"Aaaah! I'm on my feet!":

"Hey, where'd the newspaper go? More, please?":


Since George took the newspaper away, Lincoln went for his nose instead.
Honk!:

This really is random. I about fell over when I found Lincoln standing in the crib, crying, at 6:15 AM. He was stranded and, I think, confused about how he stood up in the first place! It was a surprise because, before yesterday, he had only pulled or pushed up on his own a few times--usually he needs our help.
He still doesn't walk very much when we hold his hands and try to get him to take steps. He mostly just falls toward us with his torso and head while his feet remain planted and looks at us like "What the heck?" I'm betting he'll start getting into it, though!

Really, though, I'm not that worried about him not wanting to walk. We can put off that day for a long while! I'm not ready for it for two reasons: one, when Lincoln is walking, he won't seem like my little baby anymore :( ; and two, I'm not ready for the whirlwind of climbing & getting into everything that I know he will be!

No comments: