Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's a...

Secret!

It was my idea to find out baby's gender but not tell anybody--but now that we know, I want to tell everyone!

Ultrasound was fun, longer than the first one--lots of measuring brain, heart, etc. We got some fun pix, including some 3-Ds (baby's name will have to be Skeletor! Some pix are a bit creepy.) and another of the genitals. Apparently our child is an exhibitionist! The ultrasound tech kept saying, "Well, baby's not shy!" because everywhere she went with the sensor, there were the genitals. Not a habit we want to encourage, for sure.

As SOON as the tech pointed out baby's gender, I knew it would be next to impossible not to tell anyone. And it's so hard!! For me, anyway, but not for George. He's giving me crap about wanting to tell people after saying I wouldn't...so I guess we'll keep it a secret for now, but I know I'll let it spill eventually, whether accidentally or on purpose, in conversation or via registry, one way or another!

I'm so excited!!!

3 comments:

Angela said...

So happy everything's going well for you. Good luck with the secret! :) I won't bug you too much now that I know... :) So...belly pics? :)

Laura McGuire said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!! Good luck keeping that secret :) and can you tell me again when you're due? And I agree with Ang - belly pics?

Jen said...

Wow, you didn't last long...or is it still a partial secret?