Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Next Thursday is the

ULTRASOUND! Well, the big ultrasound: the one when we find out if we're having a boy or a girl! I get to take the 11th entirely off of work (since who knows how late the ultrasound, and then Burk, will run?), which makes the day doubly exciting.

I am almost positive we'll find out Baby's gender--although I'm having second thoughts, I'm too excited not to find out--but we're contemplating not telling anyone else. Why? Mainly because some people have been driving us nuts every time we see them: "Ooh, I just know you'll have a boy because..." or "I definitely know you're having a girl because..." and this drives us (OK, me) crazy!! Maybe it's that I have no patience with anyone these days, or maybe it's that I want to be able to enjoy the wondering that comes with not knowing, or maybe it's just that NO ONE knows but God, and since no one we know is God, anyone saying it's definite is just really annoying.

Of course, keeping Baby's gender a secret may turn out to be next to impossible. I have a tough time keeping such big secrets, some stuff we register for may give it away, or we may just break down and spill it. Either way, we are thrilled to find out and can't wait for next Thursday!!

3 comments:

McFar_Land said...

I r teh g0dZoRz!

Angela said...

So...not finding out is only going to keep the people saying things, like..."your nose is bigger, you're having a girl!" (This coming from a complete stranger...)...but it is fun to keep people guessing! I could have NEVER held it in.

Good luck and have LOTS OF FUN at the ultrasound next week!!!

Laura McGuire said...

So exciting!!! Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll be happy! It seems like everyone I know is having babies, and I'm so excited for all of them - especially you :)