Sunday, October 26, 2008

There's no place like home...

I was supposed to be home last night (Saturday) around 11, but my flight out of DC was delayed for hours, which meant that I missed my connecting flight to Springfield. Apparently it was too foggy/misty in DC for our plane to land, so it had to be rereouted and refueled before its return. When it finally arrived, we were told was being taken out of service (!!) but that they had another plane for us. GREAT! We finally landed in Dallas around 10:30 pm and I had two choices until my 8:40 am flight home: hang in the airport or pay $53 (the "distressed passenger" rate) for a motel room. After deciding on the airport, I changed my mind and went for the Super 8, which was quite an appalling dump, but at least had a bed. So after a few hours sleep in my contacts and clothes, we shuttled back to the airport and I'm finally home!!

I had been sad, thinking that I wouldn't get to do any more free history teacher summer trips for a while--but this return trip has definitely cured my traveling bug for a long time!

No comments: