Saturday, November 8, 2008

Dad is home!

Dad got to come home from the hospital today! He and Mom are both so excited. I think being home will help him more than anything else. His liver enzymes are still high, which is why they kept him a day longer than originally thought, but hopefully those will go down as his body starts to heal. His mouth droopage is almost unnoticable now, which rocks, because that's bothering him the most. He'll walk with a walker for a while and will have physical therapy twice a week for four weeks.

I'm pretty proud of myself that I haven't really had a breakdown through all of this--I think I turned my emotions off early last weekend when Dad went back into the hospital. It's easier to be stoic and do what I can to help them than it is to stress out over what is or isn't getting done in my own life. Now that Dad's home and getting better, must continue to be stoic and unemotional, or else the breakdown might happen!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm glad he's home. If you need to leave early this week to help (or have that breakdown), I'd be happy to take your 8th hour...wait...first tell me who's in there. (Kidding, I'll take them.)

Angela said...

Oh Erin...so sorry I haven't checked your blog in awhile. I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Thank Goodness he's doing better and I hope he continues.

Stay strong and always feel free to give me a call if you need to.

Anonymous said...

I am glad he is home - sorry it took so long for me to figure that out - now take a deep breath and say "to hell with being stoic" and then freak out - - - you deserve it!!

Laura McGuire said...

I'm glad he's home, Erin, and I'm glad that you're close and able to help him and support your mom too. I'm sure they are very glad to have you around...