Friday, November 21, 2008

Updates

**I passed my 3-hour glucose test last Saturday (after failing the previous 1-hour test), so no gestational diabetes for us. Thank you God!

**First childbirth class was Tuesday night and a bit goofy, but I think they'll get better. Every Tuesday for 2.5 hours for 6 weeks--they'd better get better! I did get a nice back rub from George since the lady leading the class had the guys practice helping their ladies relax, just like they'll do during labor (ha ha. Hopefully!).

**Dad is continuing to improve. He looks great and doesn't need the cane around the house. Resting at home and several hours of physical therapy a week are working wonders.

**I got to talk to Zack last Saturday! He is 2/3 of the way done with Marine OCS and so excited to see the light at the end of the tunnel (his words). After Thanksgiving we'll start making travel plans to go to Quantico for family day & graduation/commissioning on December 11 & 12. Can't wait!! Here's a link to a photo of him: http://www.ocs.usmc.mil/Icons%20and%20Photogallery/fall2008/D%20Co%20SULE%20I/008.html

**Baby is doing well and starting to sap all of my energy. and making it difficult to stand up from sitting or lying down. and pushing on my stomach so I eat way too much and then am miserable. and thumping away at my insides. But it's worth it. 2 months left--we can do this!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: