Sunday, March 28, 2010

14 months later

...I am finished with the pregnancy scrapbook!

Yes, it took me 14 months to finish (OK, to start and finish) my scrapbook of all the cards and notes we received from the beginning of my pregnancy, through baby showers, Lincoln's arrival and subsequent NICU stay, and finally to his homecoming. I know 14 months really isn't THAT bad, but still.

And when I say "scrapbook," I mean "paste the cards on plain white pages." I am not a scrapbooker--I have NO patience to sit and pick out different background papers, cut cute pictures with cool scissors and layer. I paste and stick.

The good news, other than this, is that I've been pretty much keeping up with his baby book, so that will never be a huge chore. Just have to remember to keep up with that until he starts flippin' Kindergarten.

Anyway, the card scrapbook is done, and I feel very productive. Now I need to get another book to put Lincoln's stuff from his birthday in. Hopefully that will be done before he is two!

As I worked on the scrapbook, I got a little teary remembering how how wonderful our friends and family were, and are. Everyone was SO supportive and generous, it was incredibly overwhelming--and is still overwhelming when I think about it.

The entire journey of pregnancy, birth, NICU stay and homecoming was the most amazing experience of my life, and it was made even more amazing by all of our family and friends, and friends of friends!

Thank you all for everything you did and continue to do for us. You bless and enrich our lives!

1 comment:

Sarah Bonn said...

You're far ahead of me so don't sweat it!