Tuesday, March 9, 2010

No photos in this post

And that's because Lincoln is weaned! So really, what would I post a photo of? Him fussing in the morning because he wants to nurse?

I had already cut down from four nursings to two nursings a day by the middle of February. Then the last week or so of February I was just nursing him in the morning; or rather, I nursed him for the last time on February 28, and he had a bottle in the morning for two days after that. And then no more! George said he was fine with it. Of course, when I got up with him this last Saturday and Sunday, he got upset because he wasn't nursing on me, but hopefully that won't last long.

I stopped pumping in the morning last week and was in SEVERE pain most of the week. YOW. I'd cut down nursing so much that I thought I wouldn't get engorged, but boy was I WRONG! I couldn't lift my arms or turn without screaming in pain, so obviously working out was out. And every time I picked Lincoln up I had to clamp my mouth shut so I wouldn't yell.

But now things are much better, and my boy is no longer much of a baby! Makes me sad, really. I nursed for 13 months, and it's suddenly no longer part of my life. But it is very nice to be able to be out without rushing home to nurse!

2 comments:

Kayla said...

ooohhhhh... man, that sounds like it was rough. that's awesome that you nursed for over a year! My goal is to make it to a year... but as that gets closer, it makes me realize that it will be hard to take it away :) do you still give Lincoln any bottles, or is he off those too? it's so scary how fast they grow up!!!

Sarah Bonn said...

It is a bittersweet milestone isn't it?