Thursday, May 21, 2009

LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!

School's out for summer!
School's out forever ---> or at least until August 11
Skipping the next line (because blowing up the school is something our students would say)


More pencils
No more books
No more teacher's dirty looks ---> and no more students cussing at me!

Out for summer
Out till fall ---> is August fall??!
We might not go back at all ---> now THAT is the truth!


Yes, today was our last day of school in Nixa. Hallelujah! The kids got out before noon, Cheryl dropped in with baby Reagan (he is a doll), we all went out to a long lunch (blissful) and now I'm sitting in my empty classroom enjoying the glorious silence!

I survived my first two months of being a working mom. And a nursing/pumping mom. It wasn't easy, but I did it!

Now for the wonderful summer with my beautiful baby boy. We're going to have so much fun! Hanging with Grandpa & Grandma and Uncle Z, going to ballgames, taking a trip to St. Louis, going to the park, taking walks, swimming with Auntie Kristy, celebrating Linc's first Fourth of July!! (one of my favorite holidays), watching Linc grow and discover new things...I'm getting teary typing this (really. Relief & joy are starting to overwhelm me).

HOORAY!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Congrats Erin! I haven't checked your blog in waay to long...I love all the photos! He's such a cutie. :)

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

I am so jealous. :P I was just thinking today that maybe I need to go back to school to become a teacher. Because this working in the summer is so overrated!