Monday, July 13, 2009

I cried for half an hour+ today

Why? Because we received a change of address photo card from Ivy. You know, my stepdaughter who we haven't seen in almost three years. The tears were due to one of three things. OK, at least four. And not just one, but a combination of them. Anyway:

1. It was a photo card. A recent photo of Ivy, who will be 11 in September, and whom we have not seen since she was seven. She looks great. She is beautiful.

2. The new address is in Benton, Arkansas. Arkansas!

3. This illustrates how completely cut off from her we are: no idea what's going on in her life, what she's doing, where she is. She and her psycho-bitch mom (sorry) moved to another state, and we had no idea. They've lived in Springfield for over six years until this. Something about knowing she was nearby, in the same town, helped me, even though we are cut off from her.

4. George's reaction was lackluster: nothing. "I don't know what to think." Think? THINK?! I'll tell you what to think! You think, "No way she can move my child wherever she wants to without telling me. No way she can take yet another step to remove me from my daughter's life. This is the last straw!"

And then, after thinking that, you do NOT stop there. You GET PISSED and TAKE ACTION: Get a lawyer. Get an agreement on paper (there never has been one). Push for joint custody--at least get set visitation. Introduce your daughter to her little brother. Attempt to explain to her why you have never taken action to get to see her regularly!

Does it sound like I'm a little angry? I am. Does it sound like I'm angry at George? I am. He is the ONLY one who can do anything about this situation and always has been--and he has never done anything. What on earth is the matter with him?!?!

2 comments:

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Oh, honey, I'm so sorry to hear about this. What a mess! I've had my share of moments when I've been mad at Mark for not caring enough - or at least (trying to give him credit here) not caring in the way I want or need him to! I don't have a solution or advice, but I will pray for you and George!!!

Sarah B said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Has she already gone?