Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Updates!

Lincoln was a trooper at his 6-month checkup today!

Official stats:
Weight: 18 lbs, 2 oz (59th percentile)
Height: 27 inches (68th percentile)
Head circumference: 17.75 inches (81st percentile)

His growth has slowed, which is natural. He is healthy and growing well! Also, according to Marjorie (the nurse practitioner, who we love), Linc has a "good, strong heartbeat." Good to know!

We don't return until October, for the 9-month checkup (and no shots!!).

Food news!!

The day before yesterday, after a few minutes of gagging and spitting out his oatmeal & applesauce, Lincoln suddenly decided he likes to eat from a spoon! He grabbed the spoon & shoved it to his mouth, and for every bite afterward, he lunged at the spoon and/or grabbed it. Apparently I wasn't moving fast enough for him!

I am so excited and relieved. Of course I knew, deep down, that he would eventually adjust and love eating "real" food, but nevertheless, my relief is HUGE. Not that Lincoln will continue eating well every day at every meal, but knowing that he can and will eat is awesome!

I made my first batch of homemade baby food tonight: carrots, zucchini and peaches (all separate, of course!). And I learned at least two things. One: Peaches take a long time to peel and core. Two: Carrots take forever to steam if they are not cut into teeny little pieces.

So, lessons learned for next time. I actually enjoyed the process, although since it was my first experience making baby food, it took well over an hour and a half and wore me out. But I feel great!

2 comments:

Kayla said...

oh, very impressive about making your own baby food! I'll have to ask for your advice on that when it is Madeline's turn :)

That video was super cute... at one point it looked like he was holding the water bottle like it was a weapon! ha.

Kayla said...

Maybe you're already doing this, but I remembered something about making baby food that seemed like a great idea... freeze it in ice cube trays. Might be worth a try!